Third annual event locked in for May 10-12, 2018
The Lucas Oil JuniorMotoX, presented by Monster Energy has already become one of the premier amateur motocross events, attracting many of the top riders during the first two years. The third annual event will take place on May 10-12, 2018 inside the amazing Lazy E Arena in Guthrie, Oklahoma.
“For the second year, we attracted more riders and again had great feedback on the track and venue,” said Eric Peronnard, co-creator of the JuniorMotoX. “This is truly some of the best dirt in the world for a motocross race and the emphasis on youth riders and giving them the opportunity to race indoors in a Supercross like format is a great experience.”
Based on feedback from the participants, the format will be very similar for 2018.
- A single optional practice session for each class starting at noon. Riders will again be limited to a maximum of three classes.
- Morning Practice sessions with lap times for heat race gate picks.
- Afternoon heat races for each class.
- Morning warm up practice session for each class.
- Early afternoon LCQ’s for most classes.
- Evening main events.
You can check out video highlights from the 2017 event here:
You can read a 2017 race recap with results HERE:
The JuniorMotoX included a live webcast produced by Lucas Oil TV. If you missed that, you can check it out on www.lucasoilracing.tv. It is a paid subscription that includes a lot of great motorsports event coverage. The 2016 and 2017 events also included one hour shows that aired on MAVtv.